We just welcomed a new member to our family last month and he is sweet as can be. In the South there is a tradition of having a "sip and see," which, in my understanding, is a party where relatives and friends come to sip on libations and meet a new baby. Instead of having a shower for my sister this time around I decided to do a variation of a sip n' see. So we had a "meet our new baby" party. We wanted to keep it simple and sweet. Our grandfather was an apiarist (and pastor) before he retired and so I thought it would be appropriate to welcome the new little person to our "hive." Bee theme!
Each boy had their own bee costume. Here's Ronan modeling his. What a goof!
Boy bee butts!
- Giant yellow bee skep lantern from Oriental Trading. I spray painted this one yellow and stuck black and white pom poms on it to look like bees.
- Honey bears and honey stick favors: Ruhl Bee Supply
- Cupcakes: St. Cupcake
- Bee cupcake decorations: Lady Cupcakes Corner via Etsy
- Bee costumes:
- Capes and masks: Etsy
- Pants: Leveret pajama bottoms from Amazon
- T-shirt: Etsy
- Corn dog bees: inspiration from the wonderful Hungry Happenings. These were a HUGE hit! (among kids and adults alike!)