I am incredibly picky about Halloween costumes. I don't like it when little kids wear really gory or scary things, I think the stuff that is super mainstream is boring, and I find a lot of kid's costumes (especially little girl's costumes) to be inappropriate or sexist beyond belief. I love to see costumes that are original, creative, and extra points for homemade. I personally, can not sew to save my life, but I try to put together something sweet and interesting for Ronan's costume each year. I know that once he gets older he will probably go for the ubiquitous "power range type thing of the moment costume" and I may have to try and work with that. Sigh. But while he is little, I get to choose! I've been scouring the internet for fun and interesting costumes and have come up with a few amazing standouts! Check these out! A lot of creative and talented parents out there! Props! Here are my favorites...
Monsieur Champignon... fun!
The elderly gent from "Up"....isn't it precious?
Frida Kahlo. I just ADORE these costumes!
How amazing is this white witch costume? If you've got two kiddos I vote for a white witch AND a Mr. Tumnus! Narnia here we come!
Just amazingly wonderful Alice
Here's my little guy in his Halloween best. Ronan as Charlie Chaplin. If you want the moustache on for the long haul I suggest drawing it on. :-)
The sweetest Max costume for your "Wild Thing"
What is your little one wearing this year?
- Mushroom costume (Monsieur Champignon) via Milk magazine
- "Up" costume found on Pinterest. Can't seem to find a source... I will add one if I find it
- Frida 1: via Early Me Photography
- Frida 2: Oh Happy Day I also just love her Vincent VanGogh costume!
- The white witch at narniafans.com artist Cindee
- Mr. Tumnus at Mothering.com
- Alice in Wonderland from Misha LuLu
- Charlie Chaplin from littlestumptown.com
- Max (the wonderful artist who created this no longer makes them, but Pottery Barn Kids has a similar version)